The primary graduate offering of the IGH is a residential, 2-year Master’s Degree program in Global Harmony (MGH). Currently, there is a provision for 50 students (from all continents).
The MGH program will produce postgraduates, grounded in human values, with three specialized skills:
- The first specialized skill is the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who readily connect their respective areas of human development to tackle challenging local and global problems. The solutions to problems will be provided in a manner that brings harmony among concerned communities in their individual environments.
- The second specialized skill is the SME who will prepare Harmony Curricula (HCD) for children of all ages (This includes grade 1-12 down to pre-school students, as well as children 0-4 years old), and married couples.
- The third specialized skill is the SME Harmony Teachers (HT) who will teach grade 1-12 down to pre-school students as well as children 0-4 years old. This specific specialised skill is also suitable for social workers and psychologists who may use this subject matter to counsel married couples and general public to become socially sensitive and responsible citizens.
The most important objective of the IGH program is to holistically develop every child with a good balance of social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual abilities so that by the time they graduate from high school they become good human beings. Correspondingly, the IGH graduate students would learn to: 1) live in and develop an environment of inclusion and not isolation, 2) work for themselves as entrepreneurs, Harmony Teachers (HTs), Harmony Curricula Developers (HCDs), or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and 3) effect positive and permanent change in the society and the environment.
As HTs, they would begin to teach at the various IGH locations, the pilot at Sardarshahr and elsewhere as the demand develops. As HCDs, the graduates would develop curricula for the various age groups consistent with the social, emotional, cognitive, and human development of children. The SME graduates would work toward providing solutions for some the following aspects of human sustainability:
- Fair Governance – justice, education, health care
- Economic Reform – equity for all and thus prosperity for all
- Agriculture for Sustainability – clean air, potable water, arable land
- Holistic Medicine – physical wellbeing, mental balance
- Sustainable Business Practices – prosperity and wellbeing of the society at large
- Environment Restoration – revert climate change
- Sustainable Technologies – planned environment restoration
- Truth in Media Reporting – without influence
The IGH graduates with a balanced perspective on the major issues facing the global human society in the most all areas of human development will be an asset to the humankind. They will be sought after by the various educational institutions, public and private organizations, and the UN agencies. They will serve as specialty advisors with the government and the UN agencies, Corporate Social Responsibility Specialists (CSRs) with private corporations, or as SMEs entrepreneurs who may start their own businesses in their local communities. The IGH postgraduates would be problem solvers, critical thinkers, and life-long learners.
A team of visiting professors from all disciplines of human development will provide a balanced perspective in each discipline.
IGH Graduate School Requirements
The students applying for the Graduate Degree programs must meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate (BA) degree in any discipline, including and not limited to physical sciences, social sciences, medicine, law, philosophy, literature, journalism, sports, and entertainment.
- An essay not to exceed 500 words about a life incident, an educational shortcoming, or an issue pertaining to the prevailing social, economic or political orders that has caused injustice to a human being, a society or a nation and your probable solution through: 1) changing the educational system, or 2) suggesting the needed change in the prevailing orders.
- The most important criteria for selection is the student’s interest in creating a sustainable future for the humankind.
- All graduate students will be required to:
- Undergo mandatory programs which create harmony awareness through certain disciplines conducive for the development of harmony creation.
- Undergo Topological Brain Wave Testing after entering the IGH and before they leave the IGH to determine the effect of the programs that develop harmony awareness.
- Take classes from experts in different disciplines available in a specific year. The course content of each discipline (from among agriculture, healthcare, business, commerce, education, energy, medicine and technology, media, social, economic, and political orders) is designed to offer a holistic perspective in the context of sustainability of the environment and the human race. The classes are designed for participatory learning in the sense that together all students develop a collective resolution on issues surrounding the specific discipline in the context of creating a harmonious civilization. All students have an option to propose a specific area of interest and find an appropriate teacher from around the world to come and spend up to 45 days for their area of specialty.
- Provide service to their choice community within their area of interest for a 3-month period.
- Take a month long field trip consistent with their interest in one of the three areas: a) Becoming a SME in support of sustainability of the humankind and global harmony, b) Becoming a HT for teaching grade-school students, pre-school students, a social worker for children from birth to 4-year olds, and for would-be-parents, or c) Developing HC for high school students, preschool students, children from birth to 4-year olds, and for would-be-parents.